Monday, April 18, 2011

Green Eggs! Inspiration for a Modern Farmhouse

Green eggs do exist and aren't made up from a Dr. Seuss book!  

NixChix Team Fresh Green and Brown Eggs
Photo: Susan Currie 

Let me tell you about how I found out about green eggs and how they inspired this blog entry. Karen Levy, a fabulous friend, introduced me to my neighbor who has a budding business called NixChix Team in metropolitan Atlanta. From the name NixChix, you may have guessed that my neighbor's name is Nicholas and is in the business of selling organic, fresh laid eggs. 
Nicholas and his chicken Pepper.
Photo: Susan Currie

Anyone from the country or who has tasted fresh eggs knows what a luxury this business provides! Not to mention the fantastic colors that the eggs naturally come in. Beautiful medium to pale green and brown egg shells are the eggs natural appearance.

The Green Egg Layer - Zucchini. What a great name!
Photo: Susan Currie


From Eggs to Modern Farmhouse

The eggs and the beautiful spring hues inspired me to investigate what makes a "modern farmhouse." There are many interpretations but the basic elements are wood finishes, creams and a warm pallet.

Here are some of my favorite examples of the different perspectives on the Modern Farmhouse. Enjoy!












No comments: